University of Alberta
This place is part of the Non-Tutorial Employees Affiliation (NASA).
This place has an finish date of September 12, 2025 and affords a complete advantages bundle which might be seen on our Advantages Overview web page .
Location – Work primarily takes place at North Campus, Edmonton
Working for the College of Alberta
The College of Alberta acknowledges that we’re situated on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to counterpoint our vibrant neighborhood.
The College of Alberta is teeming with change makers, neighborhood builders, and world shapers who lead with function each day. We’re house to greater than 40,000 college students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate applications, over 13,000 school and workers, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been acknowledged as one among Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work could have a significant affect on an interesting cross part of individuals—from our college students and stakeholders, to our famend researchers and innovators who’re fairly actually curing illnesses, making discoveries and producing options that make the world more healthy, safer, stronger, and extra simply.
Working for the Faculty of Social Sciences and the College of Native Research
Reporting formally to the Pupil Recruitment Service Associate for the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities throughout the Pupil Recruitment Centre of Experience, embedded throughout the Workplace of the Registrar, the Pupil Recruiter is liable for the dissemination of details about the College of Alberta, specializing within the promotion of applications and companies supplied throughout the College of Native Research , to Indigenous and non-indigenous highschool college students inside Canada, post-secondary switch college students, their dad and mom, and counselors, aiding within the execution of the College’s undergraduate recruitment technique. This consists of the event and implementation of recruitment initiatives that may assist meet the strategic enrolment targets of each the College of Native Research, in addition to the college as a complete.
The Pupil Recruiter is the first level of contact for potential college students to the College of Native Research; in addition they function a degree of contact for potential college students within the all undergraduate applications throughout the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, in addition to College of Alberta, and are a key member throughout the Pupil Recruitment Centre of Experience. The Pupil Recruiter will work intently with the Pupil Recruitment Service Associate, and with the Senior Coordinator of Admissions and Pupil Providers throughout the College of Native Research, to make sure they’re expertly educated and perceive the wants of the College of Native Research, in addition to to keep up shut strains of communication concerning recruitment initiatives, rising developments, and areas of alternatives to probe for the longer term. This place requires time beyond regulation, attainable journey inside Canada, and time away from house that will common greater than three days per journey (primarily September by means of March). Journey and occasion attendance will lead to variable hours of labor, together with evenings and weekends.
- In session with the Pupil Recruitment Service Associate and the Senior Coordinator of Admissions and College students Providers within the College of Native Research, responds to inquiries and performs preliminary analysis of admissibility and suitability to the College of Native Research for potential college students
- Solutions potential scholar inquiries by way of telephone, electronic mail, and advising classes (in-person and digital)
- Help with pulling information and queries from Campus Options and Slate
- Knowledge entry – collect, enter, and preserve scholar inquiry information into Slate CRM
- Works with the Pupil Recruitment Service Associate to help in contributing on to the event of all FNS recruitment collateral, in session with the Recruitment Advertising Staff in Exterior Relations and the College of Native Research
- Assists with the implementation, execution, and upkeep of digital recruitment initiatives (digital advising, digital shows, Discord and e-newsletters.)
- Organizes and represents the College of Native Research at recruitment occasions (together with Open Home, registration workshops, data evenings, counselor workshops, and so on.) which incorporates sales space design, growing presentation supplies, and coordinating volunteers
- Aiding with analysis, reserving of venues and advertising
- Assists the Pupil Recruitment Service Associate, who will work intently with College of Native Research management, with the event of a Native Research Undergraduate Recruitment Technique. The technique will likely be developed in shut session with the College of Native Research, and in alignment with the overarching Undergraduate Recruitment Technique throughout the Pupil Recruitment Centre of Experience. This consists of the event and implementation of latest recruitment initiatives throughout the College of Native Research
- Evaluates attended recruitment occasions for effectiveness and effectivity; Displays often the success of actions and proposes changes to make sure that general recruitment targets are met, inclusive of monitoring admissions throughout the College of Native Research
- Contacts and communicates often with highschool lecturers and counselors and post-secondary advisors to advertise the College and its applications, in addition to present up-to-date data and recommendation concerning each FNS tutorial and U of A non-academic applications and companies
- Develops and maintains robust relationships and contacts with neighborhood members, highschool counselors and lecturers, and oldsters within the goal areas by means of letter mail, telephone, electronic mail, e-newsletters, and private visits
- Performs different duties as required
- Publish-secondary diploma required. College diploma most well-liked.
- Wonderful communication expertise, together with very robust public talking and presentation expertise, in addition to verbal and written expertise
- Expertise working with Indigenous communities and with Indigenous Youth
- Expertise presenting to small and enormous teams
- Distinctive interpersonal expertise, cross-cultural sensitivity, means to determine and preserve a great rapport with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated downside fixing, initiative, judgment, and demanding pondering
- Properly-developed planning, time administration and organizational expertise; means to fulfill deadlines and thrive beneath strain in a quick paced and dynamic work setting
- Skill to keep up a excessive degree of professionalism
- Skill to work independently with minimal supervision and cooperatively with a crew
- Skill to carry as much as 25kgs
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Workplace Suite
- Technical/pc expertise that may improve the proliferation of our e-recruitment technique
- Information of College of Alberta insurance policies and procedures is an asset
- Information of PeopleSoft an asset
- Information of Slate an asset
- Information of Freshservice an asset
- Information of post-secondary establishments, choices, insurance policies and procedures together with primary switch and credit score data an asset
- Skill to talk and talk in and Indigenous language is an asset
- Legitimate Class 5 Driver’s License; 3-year driver’s summary will likely be required
Be aware: On-line functions are accepted till midnight Mountain Normal Time of the time limit.
We thank all candidates for his or her curiosity; nevertheless, solely these people chosen for an interview will likely be contacted.
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.