COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
COOPI is in search of a Head of Mission in Sudan
COOPI responds to the wants of essentially the most weak populations in Sudan since 2004, together with refugees, Internally Displaced Individuals (IDPs), Returnees and weak communities by way of an built-in WASH, Meals Safety and Livelihoods and Shelter strategy. Key goal teams embody ladies and kids, particularly female- and child-headed households and unaccompanied minors, in addition to the aged and other people dwelling with disabilities. As a part of the programmatic strategy, COOPI mainstreams Catastrophe Danger Discount (DRR), Local weather Motion, Gender and Safety, and focuses each on life-saving interventions in addition to constructing long-term resilience by way of community-based programming. COOPI works in Khartoum, Gedaref, Kassala and North Darfur States. COOPI is at present implementing tasks funded by USAID, AICS, and UN businesses.
Description of the position
The Head of Mission (HoM) gives management and strategic route of COOPI’s operations in Sudan in collaboration with the Regional Coordinator, and is accountable for the implementation and improvement of the nation programme consistent with COOPI’s organisational and nation technique, insurance policies and procedures. The HoM can be accountable for the administration and capability constructing of the employees, securing donor funding and to symbolize the organisation to the federal government, donors, and different acceptable our bodies – together with clusters, UN businesses and the media.
Group and administration
- Technique and planning: confirm and suggest to the Regional Coordinator the intervention priorities to consolidate the group’s alternative to be extra concerned within the nation. Contribute to the definition of the Nation Technique
- Programme extension: coordinate the elaboration, writing and paperwork’ preparation for presenting new tasks
- Visibility: cooperate with the Communication and Fund-Elevating workplace for all communication, consciousness and fundraising actions carried out in and for the nation
- Procedures: coordinate and monitor the tasks, guaranteeing the proper implementation in conformity with the contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and consistent with COOPI’s procedures and administration requirements
Administration and finance
- Financial and monetary administration: is accountable for the nation’s financial consequence. Supervise the monetary administration in collaboration with the Nation Administrator and guarantee – by way of the executive perform – that each one monetary reporting deadlines and donor/COOPI’s procedures are revered. Take part to the tasks/coordination finances preparation. Has the signature for all COOPI’s financial institution accounts within the nation
- Nation workplace administration: is accountable for all totally different elements associated to the nation workplace administration, corresponding to financial and monetary state of affairs, native laws, workplace group charts, logistics, native and expatriate personnel administration, in conformity with the group’s pointers. Assure the respect of the nation’s laws and administrative regulation
Security and Safety
- Workers safety: is accountable for the expatriate employees safety, for the proper implementation and respect of the final safety guidelines
- Workers administration: is accountable for the native employees administration. Take part and assist the Regional Coordinator and the Human Assets workplace within the collection of the expatriate employees. Coordinate and monitor the nation’s expatriate employees administration
- Is accountable to oversee the preparation of tasks stories and all of the monitoring paperwork requested
- Make sure the transmission of all official and administrative mission paperwork to the central headquarters
- Handle relations with the primary institutional donors for the continuing tasks. Signify COOPI within the nation/space by participating in relations with establishments, NGOs, native and worldwide organizations and companions to ensure the standard implementation of the tasks. Is accountable of the group’s repute in nation
- College diploma in related topics
- A minimal of 5 years of related working expertise is required
- At least three years of demonstrated profitable expertise in worldwide reduction and improvement in an analogous place is required
- Demonstrated efficient verbal and written communication, negotiation expertise, multi-tasking and organizational expertise
- Expertise in liaising with governmental/native authorities, IOs and NGOs
- Demonstrated capability to work in annoying environments and below strain
- Confirmed capability in managing a group is crucial
- Fluency in English language
- Pc literate
- Expertise in logistics, procurement and safety issues is a powerful benefit
- Earlier work expertise in East Africa is a plus
- Expertise in working in conflict-prone environments a plus
We reserve the proper to shut the emptiness previous to the appliance time limit, as soon as a enough variety of purposes have been obtained.
Please observe that solely the shortlisted candidates will probably be contacted. Interviews will probably be performed on rolling foundation and the emptiness will probably be closed when stuffed, thanks for understanding.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental group based in Milan in 1965. For greater than 50 years of long-term assist and fixed presence within the discipline, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to particular emergencies in quite a few sectors, together with Meals Safety, Humanitarian Support, Well being, Socio-Economical Providers, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Schooling and Coaching, Migrations and Sustainable Power.
Please be sure you point out you noticed this place on globalvacancies.org
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.