Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As an organization that celebrates and promotes diversity and inclusion, and which is committed to the ongoing work of racial equity and anti-racism, we welcome applicants of all backgrounds. CRS strongly encourages students from HSIs (Hispanic-Serving Institutions) and HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges and Universities) as well as all students who identify as Latinos and/or BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) to apply.
Lastly, we welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Charitable Giving (CG) division engages Catholics in the United States and others of goodwill who share in the Church’s “service of charity” to people around the world. The division serves approximately 300,000 active donors who have given within the past 12 months, more than 90% of whom are Catholic, as they live their faith in solidarity with more than 100 million of their most vulnerable sisters and brothers in more than 100 countries throughout the world.
In alignment with the agency strategy and resource mobilization efforts, Charitable Giving has three key objectives in its work with private donors:
- Achieve operational excellence.
- Deepen donor relationships.
- Cultivate future generations of donors.
Charitable Giving is composed of four departments working together to accomplish these objectives: Donor Services, Hispanic Development, Individual Giving, and Leadership Giving.
Working within the Hispanic Development Unit, the Summer Hire will support work to advance the Agency’s Hispanic outreach work, which is critical to achieving the strategic outcomes of the division and Agency. Specifically, the Summer Hire will report to the Director of the Hispanic Development Unit and assist with a variety of tasks, including conducting research on Hispanic donors and prospects. Through this fulltime all-remote position, the Summer Hire will have an opportunity to get to know the agency, explore various responsibilities, and assist in the work of the Hispanic Development Unit.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Advancing Hispanic Development
- Research lists of prominent Latinos/Hispanics, prominent Catholics, and business leaders in several identified markets, including Miami, Washington, San Antonio and Los Angeles, to identify prospects for CRS.
- Research articles on Hispanic giving and philanthropy to identify additional prospects. These articles may be reviewed for inclusion in CG’s REDI Community of Practice resources.
- Assist Hispanic Development Unit in developing lists of top prospects in each key market.
- Collaborate with Analytics Unit, as requested, to conduct wealth screening on top prospects.
- Assist in development of strategy for outreach to top prospects.
Other duties as assigned.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.