United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
Result of Service
• Prepared strategic programme plan, Annual Business Plan and monitoring and evaluation reports;
• Identification of significant programmes/projects and related issues with innovative approaches;
• Periodic programme reports to the Accountability and Programme Performance Review Meetings;
• Prepared Budgets, and financial reports of projects and activities of the division
• Prepared project proposals for funding;
• Well prepared background papers, reports, studies, and inputs to divisional outputs
• Meetings, workshops, seminars, and conferences organised and serviced.
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Duties and Responsibilities
As part of efforts to improve effective programme delivery, ensure internal oversight and enhance cohesion, the Senior Leadership Team endorsed the provision of Programme Management Officers across all offices, with the overall aim of improving the Digital Centre of Excellence wide programme and financial management.
Under the guidance of the Director of Technology, Climate Change & Natural Resource Management Division (TCND) and the supervision of the Chief of Section, Technology and Innovation, the Consultant will perform the following tasks:
1. Act as the programme/project focal point of the Digital Centre of Excellence :
• Develops, implements, and evaluates programmes/projects;
• Monitors and analyses programme/project development and implementation at all stages, including the analysis of implementation difficulties and initiating remedial action;
• Provides periodic progress reports on the programmes/projects’ implementation, including fund utilization;
• Review, prepare and provide inputs to relevant documents and reports related to programmes/projects;
• Identifies resource needs and participate in the development of resource mobilization strategy;
• Liaise with relevant offices of the Digital Centre of Excellence; identifies and tracks follow-up actions;
• Leads and participates in planning accountability missions and provides guidance to consultants, government officials and draft mission summaries and reports;
• Coordinate activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, contracts such as Letter of Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, reports &financial statements) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, progress reports).
2. Provide substantive/technical support to the Digital Centre of Excellence:
• Researches, analyses, and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
• Assists in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies;
• Undertakes survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyses and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions;
• Organizes & prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc;
• Provides substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc;
• Provide substantive technical support to interdivisional activities relevant to the work of the Digital Centre of Excellence ;
• Initiates and coordinates outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
• Provide logistical and other types of support in the running of the meetings/workshops/conferences etc…of the Digital Centre of Excellence .
3. Performs other duties as required.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, public administration, economics, political science, social sciences or related field or other relevant area is required. A first-level university degree in business administration, management, public administration, economics, political science, social sciences or related field of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration, or related area, is required.
English and French are the working language of the United Nations. For the consultancy advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the other language is desirable.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.