Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) -
Full job description
Present Fee of Pay: Min = $45.09/hr, Max = $52.28/hr
Employment sort: Full-Time, Contract
Period of employment: 15 Months – till December 2024.
Hours of labor: 35 hrs/week
Work location: Kortright Heart for Conservation
Division: Schooling &Coaching
Enterprise unit: Kortright Packages
Distant Work: None.
With greater than 60 years of expertise, Toronto and Area Conservation Authority (TRCA) is considered one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and improve the well being and well-being of watershed communities by way of the safety and restoration of the pure setting and the ecological providers the setting gives.
TRCA is taken into account the provincial chief in conserving, restoring, and managing pure assets to advance secure and sustainable growth.
To use to this posting, click on on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and canopy letter in a single PDF or Phrase file previous to midnight on September 29, 2023.
How you’ll contribute as a part of the TRCA group:
The Instructor is chargeable for the event, administration, and supply of education schemes inside faculties, TRCA amenities and designated out of doors areas.
- Accountable for overseeing program growth, supply, advertising and marketing, employees coaching and analysis of recent and current education schemes. This position develops and administers scholar assessments and achievement studies.
- Acts as a degree individual for a selected portfolio, packages, and occasions together with however not restricted to oversight of a framework and methodology for evaluating the packages, occasions, or tasks, associated budgets (as relevant), employees scheduling, occasion coordination, provides and supplies.
- Researches and develops revolutionary approaches to the supply of programming, refines and enhances current schooling classes and packages that assist TRCA strategic plan, company targets and aligns with Municipal service areas.
- Collaborates with TRCA divisions, municipal and provincial governments to deal with schooling inquiries, complaints, wants, requests and partnership alternatives.
- Gives assist to advertising and marketing initiatives for TRCA, together with growing content material for advertising and marketing supplies and initiatives in addition to attending numerous TRCA occasions and festivals.
- Develops danger administration plans figuring out hazards and actions for mitigation.
- Mentors and help employees and instructor candidate coaching, together with co-op college students and seasonal employees.
- Leads by instance in making certain that employees/volunteers/contractors, as relevant, adjust to well being & security insurance policies, and different TRCA insurance policies and laws.
What is going to you have to succeed:
- College diploma in Schooling, Biology, Environmental Research, Out of doors Recreation or a associated discipline
- Ontario Licensed Instructor and member in good standing with the Ontario School of Academics
- Legitimate Normal First Assist & CPR/AED Degree C Certification
- Legitimate Ontario Class G2 driver’s license
- Profitable completion of a Susceptible Sector Screening. Staff/candidates below the age of eighteen (18) years will not be eligible to have a VSS, subsequently won’t be required
- 4+ years of educating expertise inside a faculty, camp, or out of doors schooling middle capability
Information/Talent/Means – Competencies
- Demonstrated data of Ontario Ministry of Schooling curriculum expectations
- Robust environmental data and demonstrated potential to show environmental schooling ideas and rules in partaking methods to quite a lot of audiences and learner sorts
- Understanding and software of fundamental mathematical features (e.g., including, subtracting, measuring, cash computation)
- Means to determine and implement greatest practices and options to enhance customer support
- Wonderful written and verbal communication abilities to speak challenge standing for numerous audiences
- Capable of self-manage workload and prioritize duties as an ongoing problem in a steadily fluctuating workload and a number of deadlines
- Information of Occupational Well being and Security Act, associated Laws and laws
- Proficiency in MS Workplace suite together with on-line software program reminiscent of MS groups, WebEx, and SharePoint.
What TRCA has to give you:
As a part of a progressive group you should have the chance to make a constructive influence to preserving and defending nature, whereas sustaining a stability between the pure setting and constructed setting. Working with specialists inside our discipline, you’ll be a part of a group of colleagues which might be dedicated to TRCA’s core values by demonstrating the next behaviours; integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You can be a part of a various and inclusive group that:
- Makes a constructive distinction within the communities we serve.
- Fosters excessive efficiency and collaborative groups.
- Gives steady studying and growth alternatives.
- Gives a complete compensation and advantages program (together with Outlined Profit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Being pregnant & Parental Depart Prime-Up Program.
- Gives distinctive TRCA Perks.
- Gives versatile work preparations.
- Gives potential for profession development and development.
Whereas Toronto and Area Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all candidates for his or her curiosity, solely these into consideration might be contacted for interviews. Please be suggested profitable incumbent(s) could also be required to bear a susceptible sector screening and/or driver’s summary test as part of the ultimate step within the hiring course of.
TRCA is an equal alternative employer. We embrace range and are dedicated to creating an inclusive office. Our aim is to draw, develop and retain extremely proficient staff from various backgrounds, permitting us to profit from all kinds of experiences and views. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Insurance policies, lodging might be supplied at any level all through the hiring course of, supplied the candidate makes their lodging wants recognized to TRCA. We welcome purposes from all certified individuals. Private data you present by way of the TRCA recruitment, choice and onboarding course of in collected below the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Assortment of this private data is important for the correct administration of this recruitment course of for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Private data is protected against disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Data and Safety of Privateness Act. Any questions relating to this assortment exercise must be directed to the Supervisor of Data Data, 101 Alternate Avenue, Vaughan. Ontario, L4K 5R6, (437) 880-2308.
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.