South East Asia Multi-Nation Workplace (EAPMCO)
The UNOPS East Asia and Pacific Multi-Nation Workplace (EAPMCO) helps, develops, and oversees the UNOPS portfolio of tasks in East Asia and the Pacific. EAPMCO was established in January 2023 following the merger of the Thailand Multi-Nation Workplace, which lined 20 nations throughout Northeast Asia, South East Asia, and the Pacific, and the Cambodia Multi-Nation Workplace, which lined 4 nations in South East Asia – 3 nations within the Mekong Sub-region (Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam) and the Philippines. In consequence, EAPMCO presently covers 24 nations throughout Northeast Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific. With its head workplace in Bangkok, the Multi-Nation Workplace includes 9 enterprise models: SEMCO Thailand, EAPMCO Indonesia, EAPMCO Pacific Operations Cluster, EAPMCO Papua New Guinea, EAPMCO China, EAPMCO Vietnam, EAPMCO Lao PDR, EAPMCO Philippines, and EAPMCO Cambodia.
Southeast Asia Regional Programme for Combating Marine Plastic (SEA-MaP)
The Southeast Asia Regional Program on Combating Marine Plastics Regional Challenge (the SEA-MaP Regional Challenge) is funded by the World Financial institution. It helps the implementation of theASEAN Regional Motion Plan (RAP) for Combating Marine Particles. It focuses on lowering plastics consumption, rising recycling, and minimizing leakages to forestall land and sea-based marine plastic air pollution in Southeast Asia. As well as, it strengthens plastics insurance policies and regulatory frameworks and promotes modern options to assist cut back plastic air pollution in Southeast Asia.
ASEAN implements the SEA-MaP Regional Challenge by the ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) throughout the ASEAN construction and mechanisms for collaboration and session throughout the ASEAN Member States (AMS) and with growth companions. A Challenge Steering Committee (PSC) contains the ASEAN Working Group on Coastal Marine Surroundings (AWGCME) and senior officers at ASEAN – Chaired by the Chair of the AWGCME. As well as, a Challenge Administration Unit (PMU) is established throughout the ASEC with mission oversight, monitoring, and reporting tasks.
ASEAN entered an Outputs Settlement with UNOPS, beneath which the events agreed on the features UNOPS executes to help ASEAN in mission actions. Accordingly, UNOPS extends its operational assist to ASEAN on mission implementation, procurement, monetary administration, environmental and social framework, monitoring, analysis, and reporting. To this finish, a Regional Implementation Assist Unit (RISU) has been established by UNOPS in Jakarta and acts because the back-end technical assist unit to the PMU.
UNOPS assigns the event of the deliverables by procurement to separate contractors/entities. Customary procurement processes determine implementing companions (requests for Expression of Curiosity, Bids, Proposals paperwork, and many others.). The checklist of deliverables beneath UNOPS’s purview is the next:
- Regional Baseline Report (together with on insurance policies)
- Guidebook for Widespread Methodologies for Evaluation and Monitoring of Plastic Air pollution
- Prolonged Producer Accountability Handbook and Custom-made Toolkit
- Annual Expertise/Innovation Expos
- Regional Platform for Innovation and Funding
- Internet Platform/Market for Innovation and Funding
- Regional Guidebook on Requirements for Accountable Plastic Waste Commerce and Requirements for Sorted Plastics and Recycled Plastics
- Regional Guidebook on Phasing Out Single-Use Plastics
- Finest Apply Handbook on Requirements for Plastic Packaging
- Regional Coaching Program on Plastics and Plastic Waste Administration
- Regional Guidebook on Financing Mechanisms for Investments in Plastic Waste Administration
Scope of the project
Towards this backdrop, UNOPS seeks to develop a roster of Technical Advisors, Particular person Contractors (retainers) to help the RISU in offering backstopping assist for the SEA-MaP Regional Challenge to supply high quality assurance and technical recommendation to program actions. Three (3) specialists with totally different specialization will likely be recruited for the roster. Retainer specialists will play a essential technical advisory position and supply punctual enter and assist in getting ready the bids and TOR of the assignments and evaluating the proposals submitted by bidders. As well as, the specialists may also make sure the high-level technical high quality of the merchandise of the actions and supply technical recommendation to the SEA-MaP Regional Challenge on marine plastics-related features.
The spectrum of experience required is pushed by the deliverables of the SEA-MaP Regional Challenge, as talked about above, and contains areas comparable to Plastic Waste Administration and Marine Litter; Monetary Mannequin/ Monetary Evaluation; Capability Constructing; and many others.
Cumulatively, the pool of retainers will present a set of experience however not restricted to:
Advocacy, strategic linkage and coverage actions:
- Plastic life-cycle insurance policies (round economic system); coverage evaluation, coverage suggestions growth of coverage paperwork.
- Expertise in making use of round economic system approaches to plastics and environmental policy-related tasks in Southeast Asia.
- Accustomed to native rules and benchmarks within the ASEAN area with relevant greatest practices to determine alternatives and gaps that might be limiting broader adoption of plastics circularity.
- Coverage and personal interventions wanted to allow plastics recycling in ASEAN and materials worth that may be unlocked by interventions.
- Skilled in arranging high-level discussions with authorities, academia, growth entities, activists, bilateral companies, personal sector and growth banks.
- And so forth.
Round economic system applied sciences and innovation
- Round economic system, stable waste administration, plastic-related initiatives, plastics points, plastic air pollution prevention, and associated subjects.
- Plastic waste recycling system, new and superior applied sciences. Accustomed to the present state-of-play for the native waste plastics recycling trade, together with demand and provide volumes, market alternative, development drivers, and constraints.
- Non-public sector gamers and ecosystem within the ASEAN plastics worth chain and market drivers and challenges in scaling up round economic system approaches, particularly centered on recycling.
- Components and boundaries affecting plastics reuse, restoration, or recycling throughout the worth chains for various resins and the dimensions of the addressable alternatives.
- Current plastics worth chain throughout manufacturing, assortment, recycling, wastage, imports, and exports in ASEAN.
- Innovation in packaging/labelling/plastic options, options for substituting single-use plastic, and many others.
- Develop networks of promising innovators, organize grooming and capability enhancement to arrange them for extremely efficient worldwide innovation fashions.
- Group engagement in lowering plastic waste, and many others.
Monetary devices, funding, funding alternatives:
- Financing alternatives provided by authorities, personal and international actors like personal fairness; debt financing/loans; company loans and strategic investments; growth financial institution financing; enterprise capital; accelerator/incubator funding; public funding/preliminary public choices.
- Authorities alternatives, together with sustainability-focused and different monetary devices as made out there by nationwide establishments; personal incentives, together with the commitments that quite a few corporations have initiated voluntarily and mandatorily leveraging the rising EPR insurance policies to deal with the issues arising from the plastic provide chain or which can be contemplating investing in plastic recycling as a result of rising demand for recycled resins. International alternatives provided embody schemes of the ADB; DEG; IFC; JAICA; Blue Pure Capital Financing Facility (Blue Bond); Flow into Capital Ocean Fund; and many others.
- Fiscal devices (taxation, charges, bonds, funds, and many others.) for environmental conservation
Monitoring course of, analysis, information, and evaluation:
- Expertise in policy-relevant indicators and indicator techniques.
- Related quantitative work on environmental information and statistics.
- Familiarity with numerous evaluation strategies associated to plastics and plastic air pollution.
- Knowledge evaluation, estimation, calculation, and monitoring instruments/ strategies on Plastic waste administration and many others.
Beneath the overall steerage and supervision of the Senior Challenge Supervisor/RISU Challenge Coordinator, the essential features of the Technical Advisors, Particular person Contractors embody the next:
- Advise on conceptualizing the actions, bringing in related information, examples, and greatest practices.
- Put together the scope of labor of the varied actions and detailed Phrases of Reference.
- Determine technical standards and proposal analysis tips.
- Present technical assist in evaluating the proposals and deciding on appropriate candidates to implement mission actions.
Outcome Orientation and High quality Assurance:
- Guarantee the high-level technical high quality of the actions developed by the SEA-MaP Regional Challenge and their merchandise.
- Present strategic inputs within the discussions among the many RISU (UNOPS), the PMU, the ASEC and the World Financial institution.
- Validate from the technical viewpoint the information merchandise of the mission (paperwork, background papers, analyses, publications, and many others.).
- Present high-quality technical advisory inputs and recommendation to UNOPS on any marine plastics technical points and queries as requested from stakeholders to make sure robust buy-in on proposed methodologies associated to the mission implementation.
- Present high-level technical enter and shows on assigned subjects/actions and the RISU at conferences, conferences, consultations, and many others.
- Present scientific recommendation to implementing companions, or ASEC, to make sure robust buy-in by stakeholders on UNOPS proposed methodologies for working the RISU.
- Present backstopping technical assist to the RISU as requested by the Senior Program Supervisor/RISU mission coordinator on any marine plastics technical challenge as required.
- Every other duties associated to offering high-level technical recommendation to RISU as required by the mission crew on ASEANs behalf.
The time-frame for the project is 1 November 2023 – 30 September 2026.
- Superior college diploma (grasp’s diploma or equal), ideally in related disciplines comparable to Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Administration, Marine Ecology, Sustainability Research, Fisheries, Aquaculture, Sustainable Panorama Administration, Coverage and Environmental regulation, Sustainable Financing, Growth Funding, Innovation, or one other related self-discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s diploma within the above-mentioned areas with an extra two years of related expertise could also be accepted in lieu of the superior college diploma.
- A minimal of seven (7) years of expertise in programme/mission growth, analysis, implementation, and/or administration of environmental tasks or associated fields is required.
- Expertise in marine plastics-related tasks/packages is required, which embody engaged on related rules and insurance policies associated to waste administration; recycling, and plastic air pollution prevention; Prolonged Producer Accountability (EPR) frameworks for lowering plastic air pollution; implementation of single-use plastic ban frameworks. Good understanding of plastic life cycle evaluation (LCA) methodologies; waste characterization methods; and waste administration infrastructure.
- Skilled certification in round economic system/waste administration/environmental design/sustainable materials administration or in different related areas will likely be an added benefit.
- Sensible expertise in finance and funding roles, ideally in areas associated to sustainability, environmental finance, or influence investing. This might contain working at monetary establishments, funding companies, asset administration corporations, or environmental organizations specializing in sustainable finance.
- Required expertise in producing high-quality paperwork (technical ToR. Steering notes, enhancing coverage paperwork, manuals and many others.).
- Expertise in working with normative our bodies, authorities, non-government actors, personal sector, academia, and neighborhood is fascinating.
- Expertise in managing stakeholder relations whereas working for a global group or associated expertise is required.
- Related skilled expertise should embody two (2) years of expertise on the worldwide stage.
- Capability to develop modern options to marine plastic air pollution is fascinating.
- Regional expertise within the ASEAN area is a definite benefit.
- Prior expertise growing, supporting, or managing multi-donor-supported tasks can be a robust asset.
- Prior associated expertise within the UN system is extremely
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working information of one other official UN language is fascinating.
Develops and implements sustainable enterprise methods, thinks long run and externally with the intention to positively form the group. Anticipates and perceives the influence and implications of future choices and actions on different components of the group.
Treats all people with respect; responds sensitively to variations and encourages others to do the identical. Upholds organizational and moral norms. Maintains excessive requirements of trustworthiness. Function mannequin for range and inclusion.
Acts as a optimistic position mannequin contributing to the crew spirit. Collaborates and helps the event of others. Acts as optimistic management position mannequin, motivates, directs and conjures up others to succeed, using acceptable management types.
Demonstrates understanding of the influence of personal position on all companions and all the time places the tip beneficiary first. Builds and maintains robust exterior relationships and is a reliable accomplice for others (if related to the position).
Effectively establishes an acceptable plan of action for self and/or others to perform a purpose. Actions result in whole job accomplishment by concern for high quality in all areas. Sees alternatives and takes the initiative to behave on them. Understands that accountable use of sources maximizes our influence on our beneficiaries.
Open to alter and versatile in a quick paced setting. Successfully adapts personal method to go well with altering circumstances or necessities. Displays on experiences and modifies personal habits. Efficiency is constant, even beneath strain. All the time pursues steady enhancements.
Evaluates information and programs of motion to achieve logical, pragmatic choices. Takes an unbiased, rational method with calculated dangers. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses concepts or details in a transparent, concise and open method. Communication signifies a consideration for the emotions and wishes of others. Actively listens and proactively shares information. Handles battle successfully, by overcoming variations of opinion and discovering frequent floor.
- Contract kind: Worldwide Particular person Contractual Settlement (IICA) – Retainer
- Contract stage: ICS 11 /LICA 11 IICA 3
- Contract length: 1 November 2023 – 30 September 2026
For extra particulars in regards to the ICA contractual modality, please observe this hyperlink:
Disclaimer: In obligation stations the place the NPO class has been established by the Worldwide Civil Service Fee (ICSC), a Native Particular person Contractor Settlement (LICA) will likely be issued for a home-based contract.
This isn’t a full-time place. Retainers could also be requested to hold out duties on an intermittent and want foundation. There aren’t any minimal hours or days assured.
- Please notice that UNOPS doesn’t settle for unsolicited resumes.
- Functions obtained after the cut-off date won’t be thought of.
- Please notice that solely shortlisted candidates will likely be contacted and advance to the subsequent stage of the choice course of, which includes numerous assessments.
- UNOPS embraces range and is dedicated to equal employment alternative. Our workforce consists of many various nationalities, cultures, languages, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, and talents. UNOPS seeks to maintain and strengthen this range to make sure equal alternatives in addition to an inclusive working setting for its complete workforce.
- Certified ladies and candidates from teams that are underrepresented within the UNOPS workforce are inspired to use. These embody particularly candidates from racialized and/or indigenous teams, members of minority gender identities and sexual orientations, and folks with disabilities.
- We wish to guarantee all candidates carry out at their greatest throughout the evaluation course of. If you’re shortlisted and require extra help to finish any evaluation, together with affordable lodging, please inform our human sources crew if you obtain an invite.
Phrases and Situations
- For employees positions solely, UNOPS reserves the suitable to nominate a candidate at a decrease stage than the marketed stage of the submit.
- For retainer contracts, you should full a number of Obligatory Programs (they take round 4 hours to finish) in your individual time, earlier than offering providers to UNOPS. For extra info on a retainer contract here.
- All UNOPS personnel are accountable for performing their duties in accordance with the UN Constitution and UNOPS Insurance policies and Directions, in addition to different related accountability frameworks. As well as, all personnel should exhibit an understanding of the Sustainable Growth Targets (SDGs) in a fashion in step with UN core values and the UN Widespread Agenda.
- It’s the coverage of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential personnel. Recruitment in UNOPS is contingent on the outcomes of such checks.
How one can apply
Click on this link to use