University of Minnesota
The Division of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics (BMBB) and the BioTechnology Institute (BTI) within the Faculty of Organic Sciences on the College of Minnesota are inviting functions for a tenure-track Assistant Professor place in Artificial Biology.
The perfect candidate will develop a powerful analysis program that establishes a brand new analysis space with an artificial biology emphasis that enhances present school analysis in artificial biology and biotechnology throughout the BMBB division and the BTI. We search to rent a candidate whose analysis aligns particularly with a number of of the next matter areas:
- Software of AI/machine studying to organic techniques and genetic design, significantly in integrating ‘omics-level datasets and high-throughput experimental techniques,
- Artificial biology of microbial (particularly of non-model organisms) and plant techniques,
- Cell-free techniques, together with functions in human or animal therapeutics or biomanufacturing,
- Genetically programmable supplies, with a concentrate on platform techniques whose physicochemical properties may be modified utilizing artificial biology,
- Sustainable biomanufacturing utilizing artificial biology approaches.
The place offers alternatives for collaboration throughout a number of disciplines within the life, bodily and engineering disciplines, and entry to college students in a number of graduate packages. BMBB and BTI are centered within the Twin-Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul that could be a hub for biotech and biopharmaceutical firms and have shut connections to business. The U of M has been acknowledged for its excellence in expertise commercialization and entrepreneurship of its school, and the profitable candidate can turn out to be a part of this ecosystem. The candidate will probably be employed into BMBB as their educational tenure house and into the BTI.
The BMBB division and BTI are dedicated to growing the variety and inclusiveness of our school and are welcoming functions from candidates that can contribute to those objectives.
To study extra about this chance and apply, go to https://hr.umn.edu/Jobs/Discover-Job and seek for Job # 357330.
For added data, contact the college search committee at: [email protected].
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.