University of Glasgow
To work in partnership with Colleges, Schools and other Services to ensure the University achieves its UK undergraduate and postgraduate, recruitment targets; contributing to the development and delivery of a strategy and tactics that engages with prospective applicants UK wide, converting interest to registrations; building successful relationships with teachers, parents and other influencers including sector networks and partners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Represent the University to prospective undergraduate and postgraduate students and their influencers at a wide range of events across the UK. Develop and maintain good working relationships with secondary schools/colleges and other relevant external bodies and with individual applicants.
2. Work closely with designated University Colleges and Schools offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses, capturing and sharing market intelligence and recruitment USPs, advising, developing and implementing recruitment and conversion plans in line with need and according to recruitment priorities.
3. Contribute to and deliver recruitment and conversion activities, supporting and developing the UK recruitment team’s operational plan in alignment with ER’s and the University’s strategic priorities.
4. Work closely with the External Relations Events team to enhance the University’s visit programme for prospective students, applicants, and their influencers. Support the delivery of Teachers’ events, campus visits and virtual events.
5. Ensure market competitiveness of the University by benchmarking against competitor Higher Education Institutions’ recruitment and conversion activities and materials, participating in relevant internal and external networks as required.
6. Assist in the management and development of the extensive schedule of external recruitment and marketing events run by UCAS, individual schools and private companies across the UK, attending events and informing logistical support.
7. Work in partnership with ER Recruitment Marketing and Marketing Communications teams to ensure marketing materials are effectively tailored to meet the aims of the UK Recruitment team.
8. Support the management and development of the University’s Student Ambassador scheme in collaboration with ER colleagues, Colleges and Schools.
9. Contribute to the development and delivery of annual Regional Information Events at venues throughout the UK.
10 Monitor and manage responses to prospective student enquires via ivanti, student recruitment email inboxes, Unibuddy, discussion in the Student Room forums and other routes of enquiry or discussion.
11. To contribute to the successful transition of new students into the University by ensuring that academic and service staff are aware of the expectations, concerns, attitudes and trends that are apparent among applicants.
12. To ensure equity and fairness in recruitment policies and practices and to develop recruitment techniques, in conjunction with the University’s widening participation practitioners, to widen participation.
13. To contribute to the enhancement of the University’s international profile in line with the University’s Strategic Plan; Inspiring People, Changing the World.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A1 Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills through personal development and progression in a similar related role(s). Or: Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 8 (Scottish Vocational Qualification level 4, Higher National Diploma) or equivalent, and experience of personal development in a similar role.
A2 Marketing and / or recruitment knowledge
A3 Possession of a full, clean driving licence
A4 Familiarity with all programmes / degrees offered by the University
A5 Thorough understanding of the UCAS cycle and the application process
B1 Educated to degree level or equivalent
B2 Marketing qualification
B3 A sound knowledge of secondary school and college educational systems and school leaving qualifications in the UK
B4 Thorough knowledge of student financial support arrangements
C1 Marketing and recruitment skills
C2 Ability to work as part of a team, and use own initiative
C3 Proficient at using Microsoft packages (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), including preparing and delivering PowerPoint presentations, reporting, recording recruitment activity and data analysis.
C4 Outstanding presentation and engagement skills, to varying audiences
C5 Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
C6 Ability to project-manage
C7 Ability to work under pressure
C8 Excellent time management skills
E1 Relevant work experience or work experience without relevant qualifications
E2 Evidence of relevant experience, preferably in marketing and recruitment and/or within an educational sector, including evidence of large scale event participation.
Terms and Conditions
Salary will be Grade 6, £31,502 – £35,308 per annum.
This post is full time (35 hours per week) and open ended.
As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity.
As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
1 A warm welcoming and engaging organisational culture, where your talents are developed and nurtured, and success is celebrated and shared.
2 An excellent employment package with generous terms and conditions including 41 days of leave for full time staff, pension – pensions handbook https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/payandpensions/pensions/, benefits and discount packages.
3 A flexible approach to working.
4 A commitment to support your health and wellbeing, including a free 6-month UofG Sport membership for all new staff joining the University https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/healthwellbeing/.
We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values. Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our community https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/.
We endorse the principles of Athena Swan https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/ and hold bronze, silver and gold awards across the University.
We are investing in our organisation, and we will invest in you too. Please visit our website https://www.gla.ac.uk/explore/jobs/ for more information.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.