Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
The VP of Finance and Accounting will ensure all proper controls and systems are in place for the company to operate soundly, compliantly, and efficiently. The VP Finance and Accounting ensures Dexis has sufficient capital to operate and works closely with the CEO to maximize profit and the company’s external valuation. The position reports to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Planning and Reporting
- Leads annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting efforts, including forecasting of indirect rates, with inputs from business units.
- Directs the preparation and ensures the accuracy of all financial reporting, including income statements, balance sheets, statement of cash flows, tax returns, financial ratios analysis, and reports for government regulatory agencies.
- Prepares monthly report for the CEO and business units showing direct and indirect spending against budgets and forecasts and identifying any issues that need to be
- Directs and oversees the preparation of Incurred Cost Submissions, Provisional Rate Negotiations, and Financial Audit Reports.
- Serves as point of contact for corporate tax preparation and filing.
- Reviews and participates in the preparation of cost estimates for bids and proposals and advises on pricing to win strategies.
Financial Controls & Compliance
- Enhances and/or develops, implements, and enforces finance, accounting, and treasury policies and procedures that establish an adequate system of controls and improve Dexis’ operations, effectiveness, and compliance.
- Ensures that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational requirements.
- Serves as point of contact for corporate audits and leads audit responses.
- Ensures compliance with applicable Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and AIDAR.
- Oversees the Accounting function in providing and directing procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls in compliance with U.S. GAAP and Dexis policies.
- Oversees Payroll function ensuring all staff get paid accurately and
- Oversees Accounts Payable function ensuring all expense reports, vendor payments, and other items are booked correctly and paid accurately and timely.
- Oversees Invoicing function, ensuring invoices are accurate and delivered timely to clients.
- Oversees Field Accounting function ensuring the accounting function is correctly set up on projects, transactions are reviewed and processed timely, and local accounting and tax withholding practices are in line with country laws and regulations.
- Handles compliance investigations and reporting on fraud, waste, or abuse.
- Ensures that Dexis has a fully integrated finance and accounting software system to meet its needs, including budgeting and financial reporting systems.
- Leads software updates and conversions with support from vendors.
Staff Management and Internal Customer Service
- Supervises departmental employees and ensures the professional selection, appraisal, and development of staff and their potential successors. Presents recommendations for organizational changes to the CEO.
- Fosters a culture committed to outstanding customer service, integrity, and
- Maintains an environment which cultivates open communication, collaboration, and teamwork with business units and field offices throughout the organization.
Relevant past performance accounts for the bulk of the criteria in evaluating the appropriate candidate, with knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as degree and certifications used for additional screening of leading candidates.
Relevant Past Performance
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of demonstrated experience leading finance and accounting teams, preferably multiple teams across multiple
- In-depth exposure to government contracting and international development by working with multiple federal government
- Experience in a senior leadership position with a USAID contractor and familiarity with cost-plus contracts.
- Experience in preparing and negotiating CAS Disclosure Statements and provisional rates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong understanding of government contract accounting, preferably with cost-plus contracts.
- Knowledge of CostPoint and TM1.
- Strong cost control
- Excellent analytical, project management, and organizational skills with keen attention to
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and decision-making
- Strong written and verbal communication, and presentation
- Understanding of IT systems and
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
- MBA preferred.
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.
If you are hired for a position that is paid from the Dexis home office, you will be required to submit proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine unless you qualify for a legally recognized medical or religious exception to the vaccine requirement. This does not apply to AL, AZ, FL, KS, MT, NH, ND, or TX residents.
How to apply
Click on the link to apply