Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
HR, Learning and Development
The British Embassy Riyadh has a vacancy for a Corporate Services Manager, HR and L&D on a fixed-term contract of two (2) years. There is a possibility of extension of the contract depending on performance and operational requirements.
The jobholder will be responsible for the day-to-day management for Corporate Services in Riyadh, covering HR and L&D and other corporate services functions. They will facilitate procurement and contracts at Post, with support from the CSM Finance based in Riyadh. They will also co-ordinate human resources and learning & development in both Riyadh and Jeddah.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain learning needs analysis, create and deliver L&D delivery plan to ensure that the Country Business Plan is achievable.
- Manage the annual appraisal cycle, including organising a quality control committee to ensure that the process is consistent across Posts/ Missions.
- Manage and further develop the KSA Network-wide employee induction process, a monthly programme held for all new employees.
- Lead on the annual staff survey collection, using outcomes to inform training plans.
- Serve as the main HR point of contact for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Regional HR Hub based in Abu Dhabi, ensuring that line managers and staff are aware of the process to contact the Regional HR Hub and that Regional HR Hub processes are fit for purpose locally.
- Manage the administration of contracts and personnel files held locally and assist line managers with their responsibilities within the HR processes, including, but not limited to, recruitment, performance management, and employee relations issues. Ensure all contracts and HR records are kept up to date and meet legal and Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) criteria.
- Co-ordinate with Accounts Manager/ Regional Pay & Benefits Team to ensure payroll records are accurate and up to date.
- Review and feed into policy on legal matters, liaise with the MENA Regional HR Hub on KSA labour law, and provide updates to Senior Management Team.
- Oversee the terms and conditions of service (Ts&Cs) for Country Based Staff (CBS); ensure it is kept up to date, adapting recommendations by the MENA Regional HR Hub. Provide details of updates across the KSA Network.
- Co-ordinate and manage with Accounts Manager, staff reward and benefit schemes and agree recommendations with the committee.
- Manage the medical and life insurance schemes, including procurement of contract and maintaining a relationship with the provider’s account manager.
- Cover additional Corporate Services duties as requested by the Head of Corporate Services.
- Provide support to CSM Finance and other corporate services functions as and when required.
- Line management of two (2) x Corporate Services staff members.
- Manage the training budget of approximately SAR 150,000.00 per annum in liaison with the L&D Committee.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any other response to a crisis affecting UK citizens.
Key behaviours required:
- Communicating and Influencing – Communicate purpose and direction with clarity, integrity and enthusiasm. Respect the needs, responses and opinions of others.
- Working Together – Form effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds, sharing information, resources and support.
- Developing Self and Others – Focus on continuous learning and development for self, others and the organisation as a whole.
- Managing a Quality Service – Delivering service objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse customer needs.
The position is available to Saudi Nationals and to current holders of valid Saudi residence permits or transferable iqamas. The successful candidate will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy.
- Previous HR/ L&D experience in either the public or private sector.
- Knowledge of KSA labour law and its applications.
- Excellent presentation skills. Experience of training and managing projects.
- Financial awareness and experience of working to tight budgets.
- Team player who is capable of working on their own initiative and manage others.
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to organise and prioritise workload, organise records, and meet deadlines and changing priorities whilst maintaining close attention to detail and without compromising the quality of the work.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates courtesy and consideration in dealing with all stakeholders. Able to show discretion in handling any sensitive matters, with the trust of all involved.
- A confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage at all levels internally and with external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and spoken. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely, both orally and in written communication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Familiarity with Oracle-based applications for finance/ procurement/ HR in order to generate and manipulate reports.
- Familiarity with FCDO or UK government/ public sector processes and policies on financial/ budget management, forecasting, and payments.
- Holds a recognised HR/ L&D qualification (CIPD or equivalent).
- Arabic language skills.
Managing a Quality Service, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together, Developing Self and Others
16 March 2023
Executive Officer (EO)
Full-time, Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Middle East & North Africa
2 April 2023
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role.
- Base Salary including Eid bonus – SAR 8,900
- Housing Allowance – SAR 2,225 (subject to eligibility)*
- Travel Allowance – SAR 400 (subject to eligibility)*
- Total – SAR 11,525
*Allowances are not payable to staff who receive official provision for such expenditure in some other form.
No accommodation nor relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
This position is full-time, based on 35 hours per week. Normal working hours for the Embassy are from 08:00 to 15:00 from Sunday to Thursday, with core working hours from 10:00-15:00. Core working hours is the period of the day that employees are required to be at work. The working day outside of the core hours is a flexible period, which allows employees to choose when they work, subject to operational needs. Flexible working arrangements may be considered based on operational requirements and agreement with the line manager, and in line with FCDO and Embassy policies.
The jobholder will be required to be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will be dictated by operational needs and may involve working out of hours.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must include to their online application form 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV); 2) a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role; and 3) specific examples, in the relevant sections of the online application form, of how you meet the key behaviours required.
Applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is at 23:55 KSA local time on 16 March 2023.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful at interview may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of six (6) months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Saudi Arabia employment law.
To apply please copy and paste this link: https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/candidate/jobboard/vacancy/1/adv/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.