Food and Agriculture Organization
The Information Technology Division (CSI) is responsible for all IT activities within the Organization. CSI performs on behalf of the Organization the following critical roles: defining FAO IT policies and providing strategic advice on IT architecture and standards, governance, policy and operational matters while monitoring organizational compliance; defining the mechanisms for managing FAO’s information and data; protecting FAO’s information assets and ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability; ensuring provision of IT services that are core for the Organization’s global operations and supporting the information and business processes; coordinating organization-wide IT activities in order to reduce duplication and fragmentation and to increase integration of information data, systems and platforms, mobilizing IT resources from across the Organization; provide IT solutions to HQ and field offices as requested by the business units.
Under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Officer, the consultant will act as Web developer performing the following functions.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop, test and debug FAO Websites with the corporate Web Content Management System (SiteFinity).
- Develop WCMS components as per best practices and corporate business needs.
- Participate in the customization of templates and extensions for the implementation of corporate and thematic Web sites, based on best practices for the design and development of the WCMS modules.
- Participate in the configuration and customization of corporate pages, in particular for compliancy with mobile devices.
- Create new digital templates and web interfaces for FAO publications, ensuring they are in line with FAO corporate branding guidelines and editorial policy, rules and procedures.
- Populate digital templates with multiple language versions of publications in the six languages of the Organization (English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Arabic).
- Change, adapt and maintain digital templates for FAO publications, as per corporate publishing guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
- For Consultants: University degree in Computer Science, IT Engineering, Professional Software Engineer or closely related discipline
- Working knowledge (level C) of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge (level B) of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
- For PSA: University Degree or equivalent technical experience in the subject. Working knowledge (level C) of English, French or Spanish
- At least 1 year of relevant experience for category C, 5 years for category B, 12 years for COF category A and 15 years for PSA category A.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.