World Wide Fund for Nature
You’ll join a top-notch team and innovative partnership committed to community economic development and the durable protection and conservation of millions of hectares of land and ocean. You will advance the planning and development of external communications for Enduring Earth. You will work in close coordination with Enduring Earth’s Managing Director, the Executive Management Team, and the communications, marketing, and development leads of the four partner organizations. You will work across teams to: develop and implement marketing and communications strategies for Enduring Earth; coordinate the development of public facing materials; execute high-profile public events; and advise on and support media strategy and outreach.
In collaboration with the Enduring Earth Managing Director and the four partner organizations:
- Shape and implement short- and long-term external communications strategies for Enduring Earth by working with partner communication leads to set communications goals; identify key audiences and representative messengers; develop key messages; and plan contingencies for anticipated challenges and opportunities.
- Support communications strategies for specific deals led by the various partner organizations
- Develop content for Enduring Earth communication channels (e.g., web content, online posts, print materials), including through the use of outside vendors.
- Engage in the communications working groups, ensuring the development and implementation of Enduring Earth outreach
- Participate in the weekly governance meetings of the Enduring Earth Management Team, including through bringing key issues that need discussion or decision-making by the partnership
- Ensure the development and correct implementation of a style/visual identity, brand guide, and toolkit of deal collateral for Enduring Earth, including compliance by all partners of standard operating procedures, guidelines for logo use, agreed-upon messaging, and use of templates to be customized for each deal to ensure a standardized portfolio.
- Coordinate with the Resource Mobilization Committee to support the development of reports, proposals, or donor-facing materials.
- Participate in the Rollout Working Group to support the planning for Enduring Earth’s engagement in external events, including major international events and serve as bridge between Communications and Rollout teams
- Identify major opportunities for the partnership, organizing public events to continuously promote the partnership with targeted audiences.
- Cooperate with the Development, Marketing, Communications, and External Affairs/Policy teams of each partner organization to develop tactics and work plans for implementation, ensuring clarity around responsibilities, funding, and timelines
- Engage and supervise external contractors in production and translation of communications tools.
- Coordinate and act as the nexus between communicators across the four partner organizations
- Represent Enduring Earth at external meetings, workshops, press events and briefings, whenever necessary.
- Provide content expertise to support the Marketing, Communications and Development teams within each organization.
- Ensure consistent messaging on programmatic issues and reactive communications for key external and internal audiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications required for your success:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required, with 10+ years of experience conceptualizing, developing, implementing, and managing communications strategies that support an entity’s goals. An advanced degree in a relevant field (i.e., communications, environmental management) is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships in a complex environment and to collaborate across multiple partners, institutions, and international cultures to achieve shared goals.
- Experience with mission-oriented, strategic communications or brand marketing, and success as a creative and effective communicator is essential. Experience navigating communications for a coalition or partnership highly desirable.
- Experience with external affairs, policy focused strategic communications a major plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to write for publication and to edit others’ work for a variety of audiences.
- Able to understand programmatic work and build and implement communications strategies that will promote program initiatives. Understanding of conservation issues, particularly those related to protected and conserved areas is desirable.
- High level of interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a high performing, culturally diverse, international team.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, including experience effectively managing multiple projects at once. Able to operate both collaboratively and with a high degree of independence and discretion.
- Strong commitment to mission, goals, and values of the Enduring Earth collaborative.
Characteristics for success:
- Actively participates in a collaborative work environment that advances inclusion, diversity, and equity
- Promotes a culture of support, high performance, and open communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a trusted team member who exhibits integrity, discretion, and good judgment every day.
- Outcome oriented and able to be adaptable without losing focus.
- Committed to serving others and collaborating to achieve the results that define team success.
- Participates in open and constructive dialogue to find the best ideas and solutions.
- Active listener who can work productively and diplomatically with a wide array of people and institutions.
- Encourages and leverages the expertise of others to achieve your goals
- Passion to do high-quality work, continuously learn and achieve results.
- Brings a great attitude and positive energy, is resourceful to advance projects independently and flexible and adaptable when priorities change.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.
Administrative Secretary 2Winnipeg Regional Health AuthorityWinnipeg, MBWinnipeg, MB
Health, Safety and Risk Labourer StudentValeThompson, MBThompson, MB
Assistant Professor (Computer Science – Software Engineering)University of SaskatchewanSaskatoon, SKSaskatoon, SK
Sessional Lecturer – MATB24H3 – Linear Algebra IIUniversity of TorontoToronto, ONToronto, ON