Food and Agriculture Organization
The Human Resources Associate (Shared Services Centre) undertakes high-level and specialized human resources support activities. He/she coordinates the human resources support work of the unit and ensures quality, transparency and consistency of functions and processes. The job role requires in-depth knowledge and interpretation of human resources policies, procedures and practices. The incumbent provides procedural guidance to managers and staff in and outside the work unit.
The Human Resources Associate (Shared Services Centre) reports to the Human Resources Officer who leads the Onboarding, Transfer and Separation Team. Work is performed autonomously, showing a high degree of initiative, judgment and liability. Supervision received is focused on facilitating service delivery and on meeting client requirements. The incumbent effectively organizes and supervises other human resources support staff and provides relevant guidance and training.
The Human Resources Associate (Shared Services Centre) maintains a wide range of contacts with managers and staff within and outside the Organization. He/she works closely with colleagues at a senior level in the human resources team in the handling of specialized processes and the provision of experienced human resources support.
- Provide and coordinate the delivery of comprehensive human resources support services; ensure compliance with relevant policies and regulations as well as transparency and consistency of transactions and procedures.
- Coordinate a wide range of personnel actions including appointments, extensions, transfers, etc.; process requests and provide advice on entitlements; review, maintain and update confidential personnel information records and files in the area of responsibility.
- Provide briefing and debriefing to staff members including answering queries on benefits and entitlements and personnel-related procedures.
- Handle non-routine and complex cases; undertake research and analysis of entitlements and employment conditions and draft correspondence for Human Resources Officers.
- Analyse requests and distribute work to more junior colleagues.
- Research, compile and analyse information and statistics related to onboarding or entitlement activities; prepare briefs, reports or topical papers on trends.
- Assist in drafting of human resources policy papers and in the development and delivery of a range of staff development and training programmes.
- Draft procedures or amend existing procedures to match HR policies and ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are up to date and in line with HR policies.
- Takes an active lead role in corporate Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software (i.e Taleo) testing to coordinate the testing by HR teams and document issues.
- Supervise, train and provide guidance to other human resources support staff in the work unit.
- Recommend improvements to human resources systems and processes.
- Perform other duties as required.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
- Secondary School Education.
- Five years of relevant experience in administrative and human resources support work.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English.
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.
Health Information Clerk – Admitting & RegistrationNova Scotia Health and IWK HealthBridgewater, NSBridgewater, NS
AnaesthetistsBritish Medical JournalBritish ColumbiaBritish Columbia
Royalty AnalystCrescent Point EnergyCalgary, ABCalgary, AB
Fleet Programmes Project ManagerBabcockFaslane, Argyll and Bute - Clyde, ABFaslane, Argyll and Bute - Clyde, AB