Food and Agriculture Organization
The Partnerships and UN Collaboration Division (PSU) of FAO is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the identification, strengthening and stewardship of strategic partnerships with UN agencies and non-state actors (NSAs) including parliamentarians, civil society organizations, academia and research institutions, family farmers’ and Indigenous Peoples’ organizations. The Division leads FAO’s engagement in the UN Development System repositioning, develops capacities, fosters dialogues, scales up programmes and advocates for FAO’s corporate positions in support of FAO’s new Strategic Framework and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It ensures that multistakeholder processes and strategic interventions globally and locally are an integral part of FAO’s work and provides targeted support for successful collaboration with NSAs and UN agencies.
The position of Partnerships Officer is located in the UN Collaboration Unit of the Partnerships and UN Collaboration Division (PSU) at FAO headquarters in Rome, Italy.
The Partnerships Officer reports to the Senior Liaison Officer, Head of the UN Collaboration Unit within PSU under the overall guidance of the Director, PSU. He/she will be required to work with the FAO Liaison Offices, FAO Regional Offices and Representations in Member countries.
- Identifies, with the appropriate technical divisions, possible collaborations and partnerships for the fulfilment of the FAO Strategic Framework, both at headquarters and decentralized levels.
- Builds and maintains relations with a diverse set of partners relevant to FAO’s work in order to enhance and upscale the results contemplated in the FAO Strategic Framework at local, national, regional and global levels.
- Provides guidance and advice to staff at headquarters and in Decentralized Offices (DOs) on the corporate requirements related to partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Develops tools for capacity building among staff at headquarters and DOs to strengthen FAO’s capacity of partnering with various stakeholders and partners at global, regional and country levels.
- Elaborates an annual work plan with the priorities and main activities for bilateral and multi-stakeholder partnerships, which will be aligned with the FAO Strategic Framework and programmes.
- Advises on and promotes the participation of partners in different FAO fora and policy discussions, the Committee on World Food Security (CFS) and other relevant discussions at regional and national levels.
- Advises on the participation and involvement of partners in the development and implementation of FAO’s CPFs.
- Identifies opportunities for mobilizing resources to strengthen FAO’s capacity in engaging with partners and develops relevant funding proposals.
- Fosters, strengthens and manages strategic and transformative partnerships to encourage and promote the involvement of various stakeholders in FAO’s technical and advocacy work on relevant issues for these stakeholders.
- Contributes to the elaboration and execution of the Monitoring and Evaluation system of FAO’s partnerships.
- Collaborates in capacity development activities involving knowledge sharing, the organization of training workshops, seminars and meetings as well as the development of related materials, on-line tools and information kits.
- Performs any other related duties as required.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
- Advanced university degree in international relations, social sciences, economics, agricultural sciences or any other discipline relevant to the work of the Organization.
- Seven years of relevant experience in partnerships, international cooperation for development, government, UN reform implementation, negotiations and/or public relations/advocacy or related field.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.
Health Unit Clerk, Various ProgramsProvincial Health Services AuthorityVancouver, BCVancouver, BC
Agent Polyvalent / General WorkersNewrestDorval, QCDorval, QC
Senior Business Analyst, Data Analytics, Reporting & EvaluationProvincial Health Services AuthorityVancouver, BCVancouver, BC
Senior Project Manager – PermanentLRO StaffingVancouver, BCVancouver, BC