United Nations Development Programme
UN Ladies, grounded within the imaginative and prescient of equality enshrined within the Constitution of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination in opposition to girls and ladies; the empowerment of girls; and the achievement of equality between ladies and men as companions and beneficiaries of growth, human rights, humanitarian motion and peace and safety.
The UN Ladies Regional Workplace for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) addresses gender equality and ladies’s empowerment challenges within the Asia-Pacific area, together with deeply embedded discriminatory social norms and practices that perpetuate inequalities based mostly on gender and different intersectional identities (e.g. ethnicity, class, area, age, incapacity, migratory standing, and sexual orientation and gender identification, amongst others). The Regional Workplace works throughout the next areas: Governance and Inter-governmental assist (together with on Gender Statistics); Ladies’s Financial Empowerment (together with Migration, Ending Violence In opposition to Ladies; Ladies, Peace and Safety; Local weather Change, Catastrophe Danger Discount and Humanitarian Motion. Overlaying 42 international locations inside Asia and the Pacific, it workout routines its triple mandate and features i.e. Normative, Coordination and high-quality programming at a regional degree and in assist of UN Ladies’s places of work and UN Nation Groups in 24 international locations throughout the area. The UN Ladies Asia Pacific Regional Workplace additionally oversees and manages programming in programme presences.
Procurement Assistant works in shut collaboration with the Operations Help Workforce in UN WOMEN’s Regional workplace and beneath day by day supervision of the Procurement and Administrative Affiliate, the Procurement Assistant helps the execution of clear and environment friendly procurement providers and processes in keeping with UN Ladies guidelines and rules. The Procurement Assistant additionally works in collaboration with programme and operations employees to efficiently ship procurement providers
Duties and Tasks
Present administrative and coordination assist to procurement methods in accordance with UN Ladies guidelines, rules, insurance policies and methods:
- Analysis and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by direct supervisor or Operations Supervisor
- Present inputs to the implementation of procurement administration insurance policies and methods on value saving and discount;
- Implement procurement administration insurance policies and methods;
- Contribute to the event of sourcing methods.
Coordinate procurement processes for the Regional Workplace and Undertaking Current Workplace:
- Present inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for programmes/tasks;
- Overview procurement requests and provoke procurement procedures for workplace and tasks gear, provides and providers, as needed;
- Carry out as Procurement Case Supervisor function for Request for Quotations (RFQs), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) paperwork in Quantum system, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, and guarantee commercial in UNGM as needed;
- Carry out purchaser function, put together/shut Buy Orders (POs) and contracts in and out of doors Quantum system.
- Put together submissions to the Procurement Overview Committee (PRC), as needed.
- Course of journey requests, as needed.
Coordinate contract administration processes for the Regional Workplace and Undertaking Current Places of work:
- Present administrative assist to contract administration processes; preserve databases;
- Develop and replace the rosters of suppliers;
- Keep submitting system.
Facilitate information constructing and information sharing:
- Take part in trainings for the operations/tasks employees;
- Present assist to the synthesis of classes learnt and finest practices.
Set up logistical providers:
- Set up resort and occasion preparations for all official UN Ladies conferences/ features, engagements, make sure that all necessities are catered for as required;
Carry out different administrative duties as assigned by supervisor:
Key Efficiency Indicators:
- Well timed coordination, facilitation and implementation of procurement actions based mostly on procurement plans and accessible finances
- Correct and correct upkeep of information and databases, paperwork are simply retrievable
- Well timed group of logistics actions
Required Abilities and Expertise:
Schooling and certification:
- Completion of secondary schooling is required;
- Procurement Certification from an internationally acknowledged instructional institute; or a Bachelor’s diploma (or equal) in Enterprise Administration or associated subject is an asset;
- Willingness to take UN Ladies inside procurement certifications is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively accountable expertise in procurement, administration or associated expertise;
- Expertise within the utilization of computer systems and workplace software program packages (MS Phrase, Excel, and so forth);
- Expertise in Enterprise Useful resource Administration System (ERP) is an asset.
- Expertise working with UN Companies is an asset
- CIPS Certificates degree 3’ is an asset
- Fluency in English and Thai is required;
- Information of the opposite UN official working language is an asset;
Suggest your pal
Key Efficiency Indicators:
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.