IRC Background: The mission of the Worldwide Rescue Committee (IRC) is to assist folks whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by battle and catastrophe to outlive, get better, and acquire management of their future. Based in 1933, the IRC has a presence in over 40 nations and 27 workplaces in the US; the IRC leads the way in which from hurt to residence. IRC opened an workplace within the larger Seattle space in 1976 and offers a continuum of providers together with intensive case administration, employment and financial empowerment providers, immigration help, well being and wellness programming, and training assist to refugee and immigrant households in Washington State. IRC Washington is dedicated to offering trauma-informed, equitable, and accessible providers and sustaining and evolving a various, inclusive, and supportive office.
Job Overview: The imaginative and prescient of the IRC Washington’s Youth Applications is that youth from refugee and immigrant backgrounds may have the talents and sources vital to realize tutorial success and pursue a way forward for alternative. The Youth Program Group works in the direction of this imaginative and prescient by offering instructional and enrichment alternatives to assist school-aged and younger grownup youth from refugee and immigrant backgrounds compensate for their training, speed up English proficiency, plan and put together for post-secondary training and profession, and construct optimistic relationships within the faculty and group. The Senior Youth Program Specialist for center faculty packages is a lead curriculum developer and program facilitator for IRC Washington’s in particular person packages for center faculty college students. This consists of designing and facilitating packages that IRC Youth Futures and IRC Social Emotional Asset Growth, literacy, English language acquisition, math abilities, faculty and profession readiness, and social/emotional asset improvement for newcomer youth and households.
Program Design, Outreach and Implementation
Youth Futures Educational and SEL packages for center faculty youth: Lead the design and implementation of IRC Washington’s center faculty packages together with planning, curriculum improvement (focusing on tutorial development in ELL, Math, and Social emotional studying), lead facilitation, outreach and enrollment.
Function lead curriculum developer specializing in culturally-appropriate and level-appropriate center faculty curriculum for IRC Youth Futures Periods and serving in a Curriculum Mentor position to New Youth Program Specialist supporting Center Faculty Applications.
- Construct and doc information of methods that finest assist individuals within the the push- in fashions
- Work with staff to strategize round district broad “kick-off” occasions, modified for particular person program wants. Assist the logistics and create program supplies for occasions to advertise consciousness of IRC as a useful resource, construct relationships, and promote upcoming packages and/or conduct registrations and verifications
Knowledge Monitoring– Strategize round efficient registration and documentation methods. Handle information monitoring for program individuals from outreach, to registration, to verification and reporting.
**Youth Voice -**Proactively strategize round creating touchpoints to strengthen youth voice earlier than throughout and after packages in addition to information accumulating for Youth and Schooling Division Priorities round IRC’s SAP 100 and Anti-racist Schooling. Create inside structured timelines for accountability
Useful resource Growth
- Construct database for sources and recognized wants for Center Faculty Members as associated to SEAD, IRC Youth Futures and extra; Current and facilitate trainings of finest practices, experiences, and upcoming alternatives
- Preserve ongoing information of degree and grade acceptable math content material and Excessive Faculty and Past Plan Necessities (WA State)
- Preserve ongoing information of school and profession pathways, utility processes, monetary support necessities. and choices, Excessive Faculty and Past Plan necessities, distinctive faculty and profession packages for newcomer youth from refugee backgrounds.
- Analysis and construct information of accessible providers and packages provided inside IRC, faculties, districts, group faculties, universities, accomplice businesses, and social service suppliers, in an effort to make referrals and join youth and households to further packages and providers as wanted.
- Assist in ongoing onboardings and trainings internally and externally
- Take part in all program conferences, workers improvement actions, and totally interact as a member of the division and the IRC WA Group
- Adjust to all insurance policies, procedures, and protocols of the company.
- Different associated duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Place Stories to: Youth Program Coordinator
Place immediately supervises: Volunteers and Interns
Different Inside and/or exterior contacts:
Inside: Resettlement , Volunteer and Growth Group, Youth Program, New Roots Program, Well being Empowerment Program, Survivor Providers Program, Financial Empowerment Program, Immigration Program, and different IRC departments
Exterior: Faculty Districts (Lecturers, Admin, and so on.), Faculties and Universities, Group Based mostly Organizations, households
- 3+ years expertise educating, tutoring or mentoring secondary youth in addition to expertise navigating post-secondary alternatives. Expertise educating/tutoring literacy and/or arithmetic a plus.
- Related diploma or equal expertise in fields reminiscent of youth improvement, faculty/profession advising, educating, tutoring, or mentoring fascinating.
- Lived expertise as a refugee or immigrant is most popular; In lieu of lived expertise, expertise working with refugees and/or immigrants; cross-cultural or abroad expertise accepted
- Dedicated to anti-racism and continuous studying and development.
- Expertise working with multi-lingual college students; TESOL certificates a plus.
- Unbiased work ethic to work remotely and facilitate packages just about as wanted.
- Versatile and adaptable; in a position to rapidly downside clear up and alter plans and actions based on scholar want or sudden circumstances.
- Sturdy written, verbal, and interpersonal communication abilities. Means to work nicely with folks of numerous cultural backgrounds.
- Means to work nicely independently and as a part of a staff.
- Means to take care of accountability for a number of duties within the context of a various, fast-paced work setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Workplace and Zoom, or willingness to be taught.
- Fluent in English each written and spoken and predominant language of native shopper base desired (Dari, Pashto, Arabic, Somali, Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Ukrainian and so on.). a plus.
- Prepared to be First Help/CPR licensed upon rent.
- Hybrid: In-person programming at faculties and different group places in South King County with flexibility to shift to digital /distant work.
- Customary workplace setting at IRC’s workplace in SeaTac and distant throughout the King County neighborhood; Occasional night or weekend actions as wanted.
- Want entry to dependable high-speed web if opting to work hybrid from distant workplace.
- Want entry to dependable transportation to journey and work off-site at packages (i.e. faculties, house complexes, and so on.).
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based mostly on varied elements together with the labor market, job sort, inside fairness, and funds. Precise affords are calibrated by work location, particular person candidate expertise and abilities relative to the outlined job necessities.
Dedication to Range and Inclusivity: IRC is dedicated to constructing a various group and a local weather of inclusivity. We strongly encourage purposes from candidates who can reveal that they’ll contribute to this aim.
Gender Equality: IRC is dedicated to narrowing the gender hole in management positions. We provide advantages that present an enabling setting for girls to take part in our workforce together with parental go away, gender-sensitive safety protocols and different supportive advantages and allowances.
Skilled Requirements: The IRC and IRC workers should adhere to the values and rules outlined in IRC Means – International Requirements for Skilled Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces insurance policies on Beneficiary Safety from Exploitation and Abuse, Baby Safeguarding, Anti-Office Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Equal Alternative Employer: We’re an equal alternative employer and worth range at our firm. We don’t discriminate on the premise of race, faith, shade, nationwide origin, intercourse, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital standing, veteran standing, or incapacity standing. We’ll be certain that people with disabilities are supplied cheap lodging to take part within the job utility or interview course of, to carry out important job features, and to obtain different advantages and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request lodging.
US Advantages: We provide a complete and extremely aggressive set of advantages. Within the US, these embrace: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid day off days (relying on position and tenure), medical insurance coverage beginning at $145 per thirty days, dental beginning at $7 per thirty days, and imaginative and prescient beginning at $5 per thirty days, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter prices, a 403b retirement financial savings plans with as much as 4.5% instantly vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 yr vesting), incapacity & life insurance coverage, and an Worker Help Program which is offered to our workers and their households to assist counseling and care in occasions of disaster and psychological well being struggles.